Lately I've been all about decluttering and trying to live only with things that really make me happy. I've been delving into Marie Kondo's books, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and just recently, Spark Joy. I have to say they have been insanely helpful in learning to let go of things you just don't need or love, and have also sparked an intense interest in establishing a capsule wardrobe. The idea is to pair down your wardrobe to 37 pieces per season. Unfancy is really the best place to find out all the details if you're interested. This month's list of must have pieces definitely keep the capsule wardrobe theory in mind and are pieces that have longevity and a sense of timelessness - classics that can transition from season to season with a little reimagining. Check out more fashion posts, and read on for my must haves:
01. Madewell shirtdress: I love the easy silhouette of this comfortable dress and that you can pair with tights and booties on cooler days, and sandals on warmer ones.
02. Annie Costello Brown pom pom earrings: I love this LA jewelry maker and these gorgeous earrings are the best new take on chandelier earrings I've seen.
03. Illesteva leonard sunglasses: This fresh take on tortoise sunglasses makes a statement without going high fashion overboard.
04. Cuyana summer hat: Who wants a panama hat when you can have this beauty?
05. Aark collective eclipse watch: Simple and stunning in rose gold.
06. Ilia tinted lip conditioner: Gives you color while moisturizing, and this brand is all natural.
07. J.Crew leather backpack: It's official. The backpack is back, and this beautiful leather one has an awesome tassel accent.
08. Sonix flora iphone case: A fun floral phone case will remind you that spring IS on the way!
09. Madewell modern linen tee: Up your t-shirt game with a modern flare that's just the right amount of feminine.
10. Eileen Fisher leaf bootie: A great tan bootie is a must in any wardrobe, and these have an unexpected shape to them that winds up being a great detail.
11. Blockshop poketo scarf: A muted palette with an understated pattern is the perfect accent for an otherwise neutral outfit.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
For more great Etsy finds click here.